Mission, Vision, and Values
Mission: Congregation Beth Adam is a unique community integrating Jewish tradition and humanistic principles.
Vision: Congregation Beth Adam is a spiritual home, a meaningful voice, and a humanistic resource for people worldwide, seeking a contemporary Jewish identity and experience.
- We value humanistic principles of responsibility and origin of authority that rests with each individual.
- We value learning opportunities that support members’ connections with their Jewish heritage.
- We value open-mindedness and respect for differing views.
- We value discerning intellectual inquiry that thoughtfully questions and explores Jewish texts and other sources of wisdom.
- We value acknowledgement of each congregant’s religious and spiritual journey supported through our unique liturgy.
- We value evolving to meet the needs of our growing congregation and a changing Jewish community.
- We value nurturing connections and building community with each other as Jews and with all humanity.
- We value community engagement and social justice that is responsive to the ever-changing world.